Sunday, September 25, 2005

Wings Like Eagles

Today is just a lovely day. It's been raining or dripping since very early this morning. I made an egg bake for lunch . . . a recipe from my sister. There are little pockets of cream cheese and butter and juices from ham and cheese and green onions and it's just as pretty as it is good. It's a WONderful meal that makes you feel like it's a holiday.

We heard the most wonderful message on Turning Point with David Jeremiah this morning. He talked about having the courage and strength to go on when you are fatigued...whether you "flap" your wings or have learned to "soar" like the eagles. These verses in Isaiah have long been some of my favorite. This passage is even more vivid to me now.

Have you never heard or understood?
Don't you know that the Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31 (NLT)
I feel so impassioned when I read these verses. A few years ago we went as a family with my brother and his family to the Spirit Fest in Minnesota. It was an awesome time. Phil Driscoll was supposed to be there...not sure why he wasn't, but I bought his I Exalt Thee cd. He sings Wings As Eagles on it and it's truly wonderful. It's been a musical sort of day. Charles Billingsley sang before David Jeremiah's message. I just love his music. My favorite song of his is When A Beggar Meets the King. Then this afternoon we slid in a Netflix DVD....Third Day's 2001 concert with the Offerings songs. One by one Jack, Sam, and Molly found other things to do, but Jake and I stayed to watch it. He is my Third Day buddy. We love King of Glory.
"Who is this King of Glory
who pursues me with His love,
and haunts me with each hearing
of His softly spoken words.
My conscience, a reminder of
forgiveness that I need.
Who is this King of Glory
who offers it to me . . .
His name is Jesus, precious Jesus
The Lord Almighty, the King of my heart
The King of glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment