Sunday, April 2, 2006

Movie Review - All the Rivers Run

We went for a walk out by the river before the afternoon sun began to go down. It was so nice outside and just so good to be by the water again. Soon the water will recede so our trails are exposed and dry again, and we can go out walking or riding. The new green growth is always so pretty. The woods floor will be awash with fiddle-head ferns and woodsy violets and Trillium.
All the Rivers Run It was winter the first time Jack and I saw our place almost twenty years ago. The house was empty and when we walked out in the woods along the river it reminded me of an Australian mini-series I had seen and was fascinated by, All the Rivers Run, starring Sigrid Thornton and John Waters. (book written by Nancy Cato) I see there is a sequel to the first mini-series but Philadelphia is not played by Sigrid Thornton so I can’t imagine it feeling the same although it is said to be every bit as good as the first. The next time I treat myself to a bit of Netflix I’ll have to see if they have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment