Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Two Wedding Anniversaries

Graphic Garden It is our anniversary today, mine and Jack’s. Nineteen years. I’m excited about that, and I love sharing the date with my parents who are celebrating their anniversary as well. Jack will probably take off a little early today, and not so oddly for us, I don’t know what we are doing yet. I guess no matter what it ends up to be, we just like spending time together.
Anniversaries always make me think of that first year of marriage, how exciting and fun and new everything feels beginning to make your way together. And also, because our anniversary is in springtime and springtime is when we bought our home and land, it makes me think of how magical it all was and how blessed we are. If I had my druthers I would not live where I do geographically, which is a story for another day, but how could I not be amazed by and thankful for what God has blessed us with? Though he still plays a killer game of racquetball most weekdays during his lunch hour, Jack has mellowed over the years. He was very into softball and volleyball. He had dislocated his shoulder enough times that he finally had surgery so he was out of work for a week or two. His dad casually mentioned that this old place was for sale so we went for a drive—it was winter then, or very early spring. It had a big old sturdy house on 9 acres of land and 80 adjoining acres of woods with a big sprawling river winding through it. It was romantic and exciting and as much like a dream come true as it was an awesome blessing from God. And unbelievable now, we only paid about $45,000 for it at the time. Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment