Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Falling In Love With August

I am falling in love with August. I have never been a big summer person. Fall is my time. And then I fell in love with spring. Winter has its moments. It means quilts and wood fires and books and cuddling. So, since I have become more enchanted with summer over the years, I guess I am close to enjoying the whole year! And what a treat that is. Especially living in Wisconsin where seasons are fickle and you can wait through a whole long winter only to see spring (when it finally comes) dissolve into winter again and then never come back, just head straight into summer. It was just very interesting the other day. I walked out to the mail box on the first of August and everything just felt and sounded different. A definite change in air and sound, the bugs, the look. I suppose it could be my imagination, but I don't think so. Anyway, I'm just really enjoying August.

No comments:

Post a Comment