Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Ruffed Grouse

Our neighbor, Albert, called late this afternoon and wanted us to come and see a Ruffed Grouse in his woods. I don't think it probably is, but it appears and acts tame. You can't just walk right up to it, but almost. It was the silliest thing! I think it is mostly guarding its territory, but also I think it was lonely! When you leave it comes running after you, like a puppy, as if it wants to play. We sat out there on the floor of the woods for awhile and watched Albert call to this bird as he's done many times and it would come just close enough it would still feel safe. Just a fun experience you don't have every day. I took pictures of it for its beautiful color. Albert picked it up so I could get a good close picture. The last one is a beautiful close up.

ruffed grouse

ruffed grouse

ruffed grouse

No comments:

Post a Comment