Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Being Reminded It’s All About Attitude...

Cozy MemoriesBefore I write my next paragraph I wanted to say that the very hard and painful struggle that I have been going through in the last couple of months, while ongoing in more ways than I realized at first, has evened out to the point things feel almost normal again. I wanted you to know that I am so thankful for friends who rally round and for the prayers that were lifted up on our behalf....and because I appreciated this so much I wanted to let you know that things are improving. You encouraged me. So much, and I am so grateful for your thoughts and prayers. in love

I have been really busy in the last few days, in my head. Lots of thoughts and plans and planning. Here's the deal . . . I have a smile/ angry relationship with my computer . . . it's like a magnet, which I'm sure is no great revelation to many of you who feel the same. Because of extended computer use and all of the things I love to do with it:

fiction writing
making graphics
blogging
redoing my web site
emailing
surfing & shopping
reading news


I've lost my way over the years. It's come to the point I don't do any of the things I used to love to do. Sometimes I don't even feel like me, the me I used to be, the me I really loved being.

So, I am on a laid-back mission to recapture my love of homemaking. I really love to bake and cook and I have all these great Gooseberry Patch cookbooks that have all these great recipes I need to be trying.

scratchcomeonovermealsin

Somewhere I misplaced my love of list-making.
I love to be organized, but I misplaced that too.
I used to cross-stitch and sew and make country wood crafts.
I love to read and write, but I misplaced my passion for both.
There's been a lot of misplacing . . .
so that's what I'm working on, regaining.

A long time ago I wanted to make one of the gazillions of home management binders you see all over the Internet. Something like this, the putting together of one, is so me, but I never quite got to the point of making one. It seems so late now, my kids are all on the back end of growing up, but my house isn't organized and neither am I, so there's still a need for a binder. LOL I'm on a hunt to gather all kinds of information for my own notebook. I love a project like this and it's been good for me.

One last thought. Even though I'm a huge advocate for homemaking and strive to be a woman after God's own heart, the winds of life can beat you up and leave you twisting and a little upended and needing improvement and some adjusting. In my search for binder ideas, I ran across many many blogs I will want to visit again. I enjoyed reading this post from Lizzie's Home. I just think this is so vitally important, and I needed the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment