Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Helpful Web Tool

It's so easy to get sidetracked on the Internet.  I've been suffering a cold just miserable enough there's little else for me to do but sit here. LOL I've been wanting to resume working on my homemaking notebook which took a backseat to the holidays.  So I've started that, but I've also been perusing homemaking blogs and coming across a lot of neat items, bits of text, quotes.  And then someone led me to Martha Stewart.com, and I can't seem to close out the pages I've got going there.  What a neat site!  And then of course for now I subscribed to a slew of her newsletters.  I'm just a sucker for all the pictures.  I could sit and look at them all day long.  Give me a Mary Engelbreit magazine and Martha Stewart paint chips and I'm a happy girl.  So outside of the very nifty and helpful way you can "collect" all your treasures on Martha Stewart.com and have your very own page of collections, I thought I'd mention the Google Notebook I've also found real helpful in recent weeks.  Basically it's for when your bookmarks get out of control and you have so many that you no longer remember where you've been or where you want to go back to.  LOL But ideally it keeps all your little "clips" for you, complete with pictures and automatically includes the link you clipped it from.  You can add categorical tags and have as many different "notebooks" as you'd like, just a great tool for researching.  The makers have this to say about it:
That's why we built Google Notebook--to give you an online "notebook" where you can organize all your research, add personal notes to it, and share it with others. Google Notebook surfs along quietly with you as you browse, letting you clip and annotate whatever text, images, and links that help answer your question, all without ever leaving the web page you're on.
So have fun collecting all the wonderful info out there and one of these days I hope to have some of my notebook online.  I know I very much enjoy and appreciate seeing other homemaking binders.

1 comment:

  1. I came into your blog from another one and I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your lovely blog!

    Have a sweet day!

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete