Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Think I'll Spare You.

I'm feeling decidedly different today.  Eight years of a Clinton administration made me a news junkie.  The first four years of a Bush administration kept me that way because it was just so interesting.  I went to a Bush rally in 2004, almost front row standing, very exciting, one of my highlights.  Yes, he's not done things I wished he'd done or done things I wish he hadn't, and yes, there are droves of people living for the moment he leaves office [kind of like me when Clinton was president] but I'm still a George Bush fan.  Say what you will, I really like the man.  He's steady, and strong, and real.  And because of that, the last three years of this second Bush term, I haven't paid much attention.  I probably should have, but I felt safe.  That ended last night with the New Hampshire primary.  I feel like I saw our future last night.  There's so much I could say, so much I feel.  I get very passionate about politics.  I start to fuzz over  a little bit over politics.   So.  I think I'll spare you.  I expected I would probably end up blogging now and then during this year about the election, little tidbits, my thoughts, but then realized I might scare away my friends and readers.  I even thought maybe a separate blog so that if you wanted to read and participate, you could, but it wouldn't be in your face when you come to visit me.  See, I fuzz over a little bit, I don't have time for yet another blog!  So, I think I'll spare you, at least here.  If I actually can't help myself or behave doing it, I'll probably limit it to a separate blog.   If you do have thoughts on this, I would love to know...whether you would welcome the dialog over this coming election or be put off by it.

On a happy note, it's trying to be sunny today.  It's 25°F. (-4°C.) and it still feels like spring.  I'm feeling a little better each day...thanks so much for all your sweet good health wishes.

Oh this is fun!  I forgot to mention in my last post.  I went to visit Caroline at Cosmic Handmade a few days ago.  Aside from searching for homemaking helps, I don't get around online as much as I used to, so I had no idea that she had opened up a wonderful cross stitch pattern shop.  It's grand!  I told her that I am the type of person who knows instantly when I like/see something, little treasures to bring into my life...so easy to pass over things that just don't jump out at me...so when I began to look at her designs, a certain crow design just really grabbed me.    I love when that happens.  So I got her Crows In Love pattern and am so excited to get it made.  I think I will make it into a little pillow of sorts, maybe hanging.  It's just too cute.  So if you love to cross stitch, pop on over to Cosmic Handmade and see her patterns.

Also...and I think you will love this!  There is a great site/blog I've just been drooling over.  HELLOmynameisHeather  Amazing.  And she's so generous!  There are free patterns...fun ones.

Hot Caramel Chocolate And, to share...I found the most beautiful desktop wallpapers yesterday.  They are really good quality!  From Better Homes & Gardens.  I'm using this one now...and some of them come with recipes! Graphic Garden If clicking on the link doesn't work, try searching for "desktop wallpapers" on their site.

 

Well, I'm still catching up on things since being sick so I shouldn't dally.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pam. just popping in to say hello and see what if up with you. Sounds like things are good. Loved your post today. As for politics, I am not real big into it, guess with being around it all the time with work ans such I try to stay away from it. I will get serious about it in the upcoming months though. Speaking of Bush, I have had the pleasure of meeting him twice at work. He is a wonderful genuine man. I have been very impressed by him with everyday people.

    I'm off to check out the links you provided. Hope you have a blessed rest of the week sweetie. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam!
    From what you posted today, I feel pretty much the same as you concerning President Bush. I was at a Bush rally in 2004 as well, along with my daughter Kelly and my best friend Debbi and yes, it was very exciting! (I have tons of photos).

    Our weather is cooler now, in the 30's. Snow is expected this weekend. So, I guess our mini Spring is over! lol

    Take care sweetie.

    Lots of love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, My husband met the Dr Bush as a Menudo Cooking contest in the 80's. My husband said he was very nice and sincere but could joke too. You know my cousin and I were talking about the New Hamshire and we know that prayer is needed. I can't imagine your cold weather. We are freezing when the highs are in the 50's and the nights are in the 30's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam! I would love to hear your thoughts on the coming election! I too am still a Bush fan. You have given us lots of links to check out...yay! I haven't crossed stitch in so long I might have to start back up. Enjoy your day and I'm glad to hear you are getting better each day. ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam!
    How are you? Hope you are having a nice Friday.

    Love ya!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete