Monday, January 21, 2008

Treadmills, Podcasts, and Moss

I suppose I will lead with our disappointment with the game last night. It happened just as I hoped it wouldn't, and worse when it counted so much.  Just so sad.  We just did not play well.  And, actually it would have felt really awkward if we had won in the end because the Giants really deserved the win.  They played a very good game.  I would never have thought I'd say this because he has sounded so much the opposite in recent months, but I really wonder now if Brett Favre will retire?  I sure hope not, but for some reason now it would not surprise me.

Today seems like another new start since the start of the new year, like a new corner has turned.  I am wanting and trying to make some new habits.  I've really been struggling with ongoing neck/back problems the last several  months.  I am expecting regular exercise would really help that.  Yesterday, I spent some time putting some of my audio books on my iPod, and I downloaded some Podcasts too.  It's really kind of interesting what different kinds of programs you can listen to by Podcast, like old time radio shows, etc.  So, there really is a vast array of things I can watch or listen to on my iPod while on the treadmill.  I like the treadmill.  I don't know why I don't make it a point to get on.

I haven't been paying much attention to the news and the election in the last week.  Disappointment mainly.  I see McCain, who has betrayed conservatives, climb to the top of this motley crew of candidates, and I guess I get really disillusioned over it all.  There is talk Fred Thompson will withdraw his bid for the presidency tomorrow.  I really hope not.  I was just listening to a Podcast of Mark Levin talking  to Fred and it just made me wish so much that people would listen, hear what he has to say.  Once again, I fear it will be all the people who don't pay attention who will vote the most (and more than once ) and with the least amount of information guiding them.  Further, I hate how our media is able to control events instead of report them.

Oh...let's end with something cheery.  I got this in my Mary E. newsletter the other day.  It's a neat, really different idea!  They said:

“AGE” POTS with moss. Throw a small clump in the blender with a quart of buttermilk; paint pots with mixture to encourage moss growth.

Fun!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pam...I hope your neck and back are feeling some better. It can be frustrating when you don't feel 100%. My eyes are doing good, but they still aren't 100% by a long shot, so I know that feeling.

    I hadn't heard that Fred T. might drop out of the race, I really liked the things he stood for. Now I am kinda bummed.

    Sorry about the game last night. Like I have said before wondering who we will root for in the super bowl. We were pulling for the packers and Michael is a big Brett Favre fan.

    Again, thanks for all your help over the last several days. Your a doll. Hope you have a great productive week. Hugs sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, I like to see how your blog changes and I like to ready your entries. Sorry your team lost. My daughter is a big Charger fan and she was sad. I have suffered with neck and back pain to for years. You are right, many people are not informed.
    Have a blessed week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie !
    Aww thanks so much for stopping by & for all these kind words ! They really make me the happiest gal ! :)
    Sorry your team lost. :( But life goes on, right ?! ;)
    Sorry about your neck pains, I hope some exercices will do the trick & will help you feel better there. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
    OK, have to go now, my mom will arrive this afternoon & I have lots to do before she arrives ! OXOXOX Big hugs, my friend. Take care ! OXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam.
    Sorry about the game. Dan and I don't get into sports too much. Of course I always like to see our local teams win.

    Hope your exercises help your back and neck. :)

    Take care sweetie.
    ~lots of hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam! Sorry your Packers lost. I was rooting for them since the Cowboys were out of the playoffs. I have wondered about Favre too!

    So has Thompson dropped out? I have been watching the news but haven't heard anything.

    Love your notebook...I wish I were crafty. ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie! My son was really bummed that the Packers lost the other night. He's always been a big fan. I think the Super Bowl will be a blow out now :(

    I heard that Fred dropped out of the race last night. I don't think any of the candidates left standing will do the country justice. It's sad to see our country going down the tubes. I really hate politics but it would be nice to see a president in office who has some morals and values under his belt. We can only hope and pray.

    I hope you are staying warm. Have a great rest of the week. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete