Sunday, January 27, 2008

Trying Some New Recipes

I tried a new recipe this morning, Bacon, Egg & Potato Casserole, from a site called Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness.  I didn't have hash browns so used a bag of small potato chunks.  It might have altered the recipe enough I'll try it with hash browns before I make a final decision whether or not to keep making it.  The chunks made it more potato-y tasting than it might otherwise have tasted.  But it was very good.  It had green peppers in and that subtle flavor was really tasty.  I'm not even really a green pepper person, but I liked it.  I think I would add a bit more cheese.  It was not a fluffy sort of egg bake, more firm.  And I think wonderfully suited to those nights you feel like having breakfast for supper.  I was going to make chicken enchiladas for supper tonight, but I forgot the mozzarella cheese, so I'm going to try the Beef Stew recipe from this same site instead.  I hope it's good.  This site has 600+ of her family favorite recipes so definitely worth your time to go see!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam! Omgosh you caught fire? That's scary, I'm glad that you're ok and everythings ok.

    Ohhh that casserole recipe you shared sounds sooo delish! I will have to try it sometime, yummy! Now you have me feeling hungry lol! :)

    Wishing you a very happy week sweetie! ((bighugz))

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh hon, I need to come visit more often! I can't believe you caught yourself on fire! I would have freaked out!! I'm glad to hear that you're ok though - how scary!!

    Gonna go check out the recipe - gotta love new foods! :) ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam!

    Monster-in-Law is a great movie! I have seen it a couple of times since Kelly has the DVD. ;)

    I have to tell you again, I am so thankfuly you weren't hurt when you caught on fire!!! (((hugs)))

    My, my, that casserole sounds mighty delicous!

    Take care sweetie, hope your day is going well.

    Lots of love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie! I just wanted to pop in for a quick visit and say hello before I head off to start cooking dinner. Dan is going out of town so I want him to have a chance to eat before he leaves. I'm sorry about your close encounter with the flame :( That must have been a bit scary. I had a wax burner catch fire once and I about froze. It is surreal. I'm glad you didn't get burned.

    Anyway, have a blessed week and I'll see you again soon. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete