Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random Thoughts From a Frozen Brain

ms_oftheday_header This might be old news, but I just learned that Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion Magazine site now has Podcasts.  I love to listen to Podcasts while I'm on the treadmill.  Hope & Glory Inn kitchenI get various emails from Mary Engelbreit, Martha Stewart, and Better Homes & Gardens all of which have the most beautiful and inspiring pictures.  I just always have too much going on to remember to check all these sites.  For instance, Martha Stewart's Organizing Tip of the Day.  There are some really neat ideas.  I wish I had all the time in a day to browse these sites and read the articles, like this one about the Hope & Glory Inn.   I could slip into this place and live.

By the way, if you try the pork ribs in the crock pot thing, be sure to get the baby back ribs.  Different butcher or not, I used just regular ribs last night and it was not as good, meaning not as tender.  I'm thinking the baby back ribs are going to naturally be more tender.  Two cuts I had last night were real thick and while it was good, was not what I was hoping for.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie...I really enjoyed this post and all the cool links. I had to check some of them out. The Home Companion I had been to before, but had forgotten about. Now it is bookmarked. Eager to get there newsletters.
    I am out of work today because of snow and weather. So hopefully this three day weekend will be productive. I have felt kinda out of sorts this week. Guess I will have to blog about that later. Hope you are having a good day and enjoy your movies.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam!
    Hope you are having a nice, cozy weekend. :)
    Thanks for sharing all the links. I am going to check them out.
    It is still cold here, the snow melted, but more is on the way this week.
    Spring...where are you?? lol

    Take care sweetie!
    Lots of love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete