Monday, March 17, 2008

Reinstalling Mozilla Firefox

firefoxI really love and prefer to use Mozilla's Firefox web browser.  I know IE supports tabs now, for browsing, but I just find Firefox to be cleaner visually.  I love that when I reopen Firefox I can have it set to reopen my windows and tabs from my last session.  Another thing I really like in Firefox are the Add-Ons.  I use FireFTP for uploading my files.  It is the easiest FTP program I have ever used, and the great thing is that it just opens in a tab in your web browser!  The Download Statusbar is another favorite as is Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer which I use to keep the bookmarks on my tower the same as the bookmarks on my laptop.  This is so helpful! and it works great.  I am able to keep a bookmarks "toolbar" just above my browser tabs, a horizontal string of folders with all my bookmarks organized and easy to click from.  The fabulous part of this is bookmarking-made-easy.  I just drag a tab to a folder and it saves that page bookmark in whichever folder I drag it to.  There are just a great many things I love about Firefox.

Still, I've been having some glitches which made some things a little frustrating.  I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't remove Firefox from your system so it doesn't really help.  This morning I suddenly had this one inch high solid tan horizontal bar underneath my browser window status bar.  Some other things seemed to be working oddly too, so I tried a system restore.  Everything was back to normal, except the tan bar was still there so I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox hoping whatever little setting had gone haywire would be righted.  The tan bar was still there. At wits end So I decided to find out how to uninstall Firefox completely.  I found this page which was very helpful.  ("This article contains instructions to uninstall Firefox and remove it from your system.") When I reinstalled I could tell that it was a nice new install.  But, the tan bar was still there. Rolling Eyes Back to the Google drawing board.  So I found this link, Gray bar below the status bar, and now the tan bar is gone.Big Grin  It took a little bit, but I finally found which extension was causing the tan bar.  So, just in case you ever need to know, this is how to get rid of that tan bar. Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment