Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Taco Tuesdays & The Fun Bowls

I suppose everyone does this, but just in case you've never thought of it, I thought I'd share what we do when we have tacos which almost always falls on Tuesday night. LOL Taco John's would be so proud.

First we get out the "fun bowls."  One time one of the kids said, "let's use the fun bowls" so that's what we call them.  They're nice and big, but not too big.  Perfect for taco salad.

the fun bowls

I'm sure you'll find the perfect ingredients to add to this list, but we just all individually add to our bowls in no particular order, unless you are particular about these things, which I happen to be: Winking

Bite Size 100% Corn Tostitos Tortilla Chips
(or your favorite equivalent)
browned hamburger mixed with taco seasoning
shredded Cheddar cheese
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
sliced black olives
chopped onions
Doritos, lightly broken

Toss and eat. Happy

4 comments:

  1. Love the fun bowls! Those are so colorful and festive looking. Kinda makes a simple meal feel like a party. I haven't done taco salads in forever...might have to do those soon. :)
    Now you have gone and made me hungry. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww sweetie, I remember when you showed them on your website ! Loved loved loved seeing them !! And love seeing them again ! Thanks for sharing !
    When I think of you, the name Gooseberry Patch comes to my mind, and vice versa ! *Ü*
    Big hugs !! OXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ARE fun bowls!!! I just love them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your cabinets have glass, a perfect showcase for you funny dishes.

    ReplyDelete