Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cheesy Beef Casserole


Another great recipe from this book.  If you love scrumptious egg bakes for brunch you'll love this recipe as it's really a lot like an egg bake.  I wanted something really quick for supper.  The ingredients sounded good, and I've been looking for some new favorites.  This recipe did not disappoint.  I doubled it for our family and used hamburger buns torn up instead of cubes of bread.  I think I might try green peppers instead of celery next time, but the celery was good.
Cheesy Beef Casserole
Cheesy Beef Casserole
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 cups bread, cubed
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef, onion, celery, salt and pepper together; drain.  Combine with remaining ingredients; spread in a greased
2-quart casserole dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes; let stand 5 minutes before serving.  Serves 4.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this recipe! It sounds so good! It brings back memories of our Potato Egg Casserole I made so much, when you kids were young. I love recipes like this!
    Yum!! Keep them coming!
    Your Proud Mama

    ReplyDelete