1. I have just marveled in the last week, knowing that some were experiencing temps of 95° F. even triple digits, etc. while we wake to only 50°. One morning it was only 46°. I had forgotten the window in the pantry open overnight. The tile was ice cold. It just seems so odd at this time of year not to wander down in the morning wearing shorts. Or wear shorts at all for that matter. We did just have a couple of completely lovely days though. I hung laundry and it dried nicely. Perfectly. That's a perfect summer day to me.
2. The other day Jacob was singing and for some reason the snatch of tune, though a completely different song, took me back. Oh the memories, my first album.
3. My computer has been very squirrel-y. There have been a few "serious errors" and some other scary moments. So I've been backing up files. At least I got my photos backed up from the last year. That would have been tragic. And some other things I surely didn't want to lose. But I'm not done. It feels like I never will be done.
4. Last night Jack and I took the Mule and Molly, Jacob, and Sam climbed in the back. (Picture a "vigilante" look , without the guns of course.) We zoomed around the yard like we used to when the kids were little. Back then we had a three wheeled thing with a bench seat and a little back end. The kids would sit in the back, and we'd tool around and around the yard. I miss the days when the kids were little. So it's fun to have a little vehicle again that we can, actually, all climb into.
5. I just got the book Kingdom Come from the library. It is the last in the Left Behind series. I have not read the Countdown prequels yet, but I did want to read this one since I enjoyed Glorious Appearing so much.
6. I'm also starting to re-read and edit Molly's second book, Every Tear. This one, for some reason, I never finished reading so I am anxious to keep reading and find out what happens to her characters. It has been fun hearing from people who have finished reading the first book.
7. I am getting company next weekend, in a week. Mom and Dad! and my brother and my sister and their families. It will be a short time, but sweet. I hope our weather is good.
8. We are going to an outdoor concert tonight to see Need to Breathe. I love love their song Signature of Divine (Yahweh).
Signing off now . . . I still have not been round to visit. But you have been in my thoughts.