Saturday, September 27, 2008

Politics and Tomato Soup

I wonder sometimes where time goes, but mostly I realize life is full and each day is just at the least, interesting.  I did recover from that UTI, and it might not sound like much to many who get the occasional bladder infection ... but I am not one who can just drink a lot, take in a lot of cranberry juice, etc. and ride it out.  I'm needing to get in to the doctor ASAP before things get really ugly and more than very painful.  So, even though I caught this one early, it is still frustrating to me that it takes a good week for me to feel back to normal.  My birthday was okay, thanks for your wishes!, but a very low key sort of day.

In other dramatics, some of you may know that I am a political junkie.  I just love politics.  Events lately have been positively fascinating so I have been really preoccupied by that as well, reading and watching a lot of news, and much less likely to take those moments to post.  This election season is so exciting, the outcome so vital, I just need and want to learn all I can.

I haven't been scrapbooking as much as I've been learning how to make digital kits.  I simply LOVE scrapbooking, but along with that, I have been fascinated with Photoshop and all the things you can do with it, so it was just fun to me to learn how to make various elements and papers, etc.  This sample below is incomplete and woefully jumbled and thrown together but it is just a sample of some of the things I've been working on.  (One side note, I didn't draw the pretty rose graphics.  They were commercial use purchased as well as other items in the sample.)  So I'm going to keep working on this, just enjoying the fun of putting colors and textures and elements all together.

smallsample

I tried to do too many things at once yesterday while making a very yummy tomato soup recipe I got from my mom.  It is one you make up in a large batch and can or freeze, etc.  Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Silly First, I started to burn the carrots as I was also hanging laundry so it just felt like I wasn't off to a good start.  I got them rescued before any real damage was done, washed the pot, put it all back to rights.  After cleaning and getting a 1/2 bushel of tomatoes on to cook so I could run them through my food mill, I learned how very carefully you need to watch tomatoes.  I had switched them to a different pot that wasn't very heavy and the bottom burned badly giving my juice a lovely burnt taste.  I set about rescuing that and doing a few more tomatoes to compensate, figuring the sugar and butter and flour would mask the burnt taste.  And it did, but then I realized that I had been somewhat confused by the recipe or rather the amount of tomatoes, and I added twice as much sugar, butter, and flour than was needed.  As I said above, each day is, at the least, interesting. wink

4 comments:

  1. Pam, I did smile at your 'interesting' day - the adventure with the tomato soup. I am sorry, but I had to smile. Yes, life is interesting - it's lovely, it's full, it's difficult at times, but a wonderful gift regardless of what life might be bringing us at any given moment.

    I was so happy to find a new post from you today. I LOVE your venture into scrapbooking page design!! You know, as I used to browse all the lovely digital kits, I would often think "Pam would be so good at this!" I really did. You have that talent that makes lovely pages. I do hope you pursue this. It would be awesome if you could make up a few kits & get featured on some of the sites!

    Have a lovely Sunday Pam, & an even lovlier week. Keeping you in thought & prayer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the tomato soup! ;) I'm so glad to see you posting :) hope you are having a happy Sunday, dear Pam! Hugs from Scotland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, wanted to say hi and check on ya. Get to the doctor soon...K? I am praying that you'll be back to you self soon.
    Your tomato story was funny. I can relate. Let's just say I have some experience with that too. :)
    Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee about the soup! Sorry that it didn't turn out. I do love a bowl of tomato soup!!

    LOVE the scrapbooking set. There is NOTHING woeful about it! It is darling...just like everything that you create! You are so talented, Pam. Maybe there will be a commercial scrapbooking website in your future(?) I read through your political posts. I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete