Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Heartwarming Days in the Midst of Political Chaos

heartwarmingsoupsJack picked up this magazine for me the other day, Taste of Home's Heartwarming Soups.  I'm so excited.  It looks like LOTS of really great soup recipes.  I spied one, Cheeseburger Soup, which I'll try soon.  I think it looks really good.

We had such a nice day yesterday.  It was Sam's 16th birthday.  They were out and about the evening before so we had just a nice at home day with fresh-baked cinnamon braid in the morning and sausage and gravy over biscuits for lunch.  It was just a heartwarming time for me to watch my three kids just have so much fun together, laughing and making Sam's day special.  They'd gotten him two CDs, the Newsboys greatest hits and Third Day's new one, Revelation.  So they listened to those while they worked at putting together a Kitty Hawk model airplane.  It was just sweet watching them all working together and having such a good time.  We had planned to go out for supper but decided to stay in and Jack ran in and got some Chicken Alfredo from Pizza Hut.  Was that ever good!!

Are you watching much election news?  I haven't been around to any blogs in weeks now, so I don't know if homemaking bloggers are discussing this.  I had mentioned last post how exciting I think it all is.  But mostly now I just find it all dismaying.  I watch my "fellow Americans" and I just feel sad and angry.  I am strongly opposed to Barak Obama.  I listened to children singing that song yesterday, that Obama is going to "change and rearrange" our country.  Well, I won't be surprised if he gets elected.  People will get what they want.  I imagine I will feel for the next four years like some people have felt for the last eight.  But, somehow, I think that many people, people who just don't get it now, will understand later why so many of us believe he is dangerous for our country.

5 comments:

  1. Ciao Pam, I'm not an American and I don't live in the US anymore... and, well, I felt the same (and still do) about Mr. Bush, so... I better not comment about it. I just wanted to leave you a hug. Have a happy October. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! Please tell Sam "Happy 16th!" from me. I'm so glad that you enjoyed a sweet, relaxing day, having the gift of watching your kids together. Simple days like that, leave wonderful memories in our hearts. I will bet it was special for Sam too.

    I get dismayed watching all the election news also. I haven't gotten to watch alot, but what I have seen is discouraging. I too fear that Obama will get elected. Things are such a mess!

    Hope you have a blessed weekend Pam. Enjoy some 'me' time, & enjoy your family. Love you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam :-)

    Sam's birthday sounded like a wonderful day for everyone!! I could feel the warmth of your family leap off the computer screen ;-)

    Your soup magazine looks interesting... will be interested in what the other soups turn out like ;-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam...just hopping in to say hello and tell you that I hope you have had a blessed weekend. It is a perfect October weekend here in Maryland.
    So glad you all had a great time for Sam's birthday and that you got the chance to really enjoy your children. I LOVE times like those, but they are so few and far between anymore. Once they are out of the house it is hard to get them all back together due to schedules.
    Election and Politics, I can only take so much. I get upset when I watch to much. I hate to think were our country is headed.
    Have a great rest of the weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY agree with you Pam!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete