Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cheeseburger Soup

I mentioned this soup some time back and since I was typing it up for my mom-in-law, thought I would share it with you as well. smile

1/2 pound ground beefimage
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
4 tablespoons butter, divided
3 cups chicken broth
4 cups diced peeled potatoes
1/4 cup flour
2 cups (8 oz) Velveeta cheese
1 – 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup sour cream


In a 3-qt. saucepan, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, sauté onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.

Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts)

8 comments:

  1. Yum, sounds good. Maybe one day I will try it. I love soups diring winter! :) But I will have to. 1) find out what Velveeta cheese is, 2) use ground pork (hubby and I do no eat "cows" anymore, LOL!) - I got your e-mail and sent you a short one (with just "ciao") WITH a sigtag. If you get it, I was wrong, if you don't get it, probably your anti-virus hates me, LOL! Good evening, Pam! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! What a yummy looking soup! I must copy the recipe & try it. I love soups in the fall/winter.

    I wanted to tag your post yesterday, but got called away. We feel so much alike Pam. We are going to be facing some very scary times I feel. I will email you later. Love you - so good to see posts again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao, me again ;) I just posted, now a quick hello to you :) to see what’s new and then I will make dinner. Just for me :( coz Zeno is still stuck in Amsterdam, sigh! Take care, have a happy evening and a lovely weekend with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!
    I read your previous post. I removed my campaign buttons from my blog as the campaign is over. But I will not remove my posts stating my concerns about our country and the people who were campaigning to run our country. The day may come when my freedom of speech is stripped from me by force, but I will never willingly give it up in anticipation of that day. $CREW him! (sorry!)

    My name is already in various places on the internet, from the rallycongress petition I signed, requring proof of his eligibility to SERVE - to the various conservative blogs I post comments at - I make NO APOLOGIES for speaking of my love and loyalty to my country, and my concern as a citizen, for her future.

    MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA AND PROTECT HER FROM *ALL* ENEMIES OF FREEDOM.
    (you can delete my comment if you don't want a record of a dissenting voice!)
    We're cool!
    :D
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmmmmm yum! That soup looks awesome. Thinking I just might have to try this. Today is perfect weather for it. Only in the mid 30's and snow last night. Brrrrr, I am ready for spring. :)
    Glad to see another post from you. Miss you!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, dear Pam! Your soup keep making me hungy every time I see it, LOL! ;) I love soups during winter. :) Just popped in to wish you and yours a blessed and happy Thanksgiving, tomorrow. Hugs & smiles your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That soup looks YUMMY, Pam!

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your Family!

    Have a great week, Sweetie xo

    ReplyDelete