Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A New Christmas Me

I love to be organized but rarely am.  Christmas always comes so fast.  I think I enjoy the day-to-day too much to stop and lay out a plan and prepare.  With the help of digital scrapbooking though, I do have to toot my horn over the fact I actually mailed out Christmas cards to family this year for the first time in quite a few years.  It gave me a ridiculous sense of pleasure to have accomplished that. LOL

We have been enjoying an early Christmas present.  We finally got a Wii.  Because our last name starts with Z we named it the Zii Wii. LOL I had been hearing the kids play, but I had never played it myself.  One night recently I tried it for the first time and now I am hooked!  I think it is so fun, and we had a fantastic, very blessed time as a family, bowling, tennis, golf, etc.  One thing about me...I don't appear to be competitive.  The truth is though, I am a closet competitor.  I love to win. wink Jack loves to golf in real life so we have had some interesting games. LOL The bottom line is that this has been very good for our family and very good for me.  I am sure I am using muscles I haven't used in over a decade.

In other news, last Saturday was a cozy holiday snowy kind of feeling day.  The kids had always wanted to see what I would look like with straight hair so that was our indoor entertainment for the afternoon.  Having been ultra-curly my whole life, I really was quite amazed and so were they.  They feel like they have a new mama. wink Not sure how long or often I will keep it straight, but it is a fun adventure.
 Christmas me

Here is one of me and Molly.
Pam & Molly

Has it just been ridiculously cold where you live?  It has been hard to believe.  And yet, Jack read that we were -11°F last year one day in December, which I had not remembered.  It's just been so consistently cold though which is making winter feel long before its time and it isn't even Christmas yet.  Perhaps though it will keep the stomach flu germs at a minimum and I'm all for that!

Well, I should go plan. wink There is a lot to do in these remaining days.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Pam;
    love the new LOOK! your lucky, you can go from curly to straight when ever you want! But for me; I go from straight to straight. oh well such is life. I emailed you at your gmail but don't know if you use that anymore -would love to hear more about your scrap booking - have you ever tought about writing a tut for newbies?
    just a thought!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours;
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie ! :)
    Ooooh how weird it feels to me (as wild curls fellow) to see you with straight hair !!! Although it suits you really well, it feels odd to me !
    I decided last year that I'd keep them curly because it was too much a hassle & too much money spent every week trying to make my super curly hair go straight ! LOL Can't wait to read what you'll be doing afterwards, either keeping them straight or curly ! :) Both will be great anyway !
    Sending you tons of hugs, my friend ! I am happy to read that you're enjoying the season peacefully ! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam - long lost me here! First off, I LOVE the straight haired Pam!! You are beautiful both ways, but seeing you with straight hair is so different. I cannot get over how different it looks! You are blessed that you can do both.

    I absolutely 'love' your new blog. The photos of your family are so beautiful. Wow - doesn't Jacob look like Jack??? Such beautiful kids, Pam. I hope you have a blessed holiday. I do hope we find time for that long email visit we so often talk about. Love you Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwwwww, how pretty you are with straight hair! :D But also with curly... humm.. can't decida, you are beautiful both ways! :D I just wanted to send a big hug! :) XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao dear pam, just popped in to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas! Big hugs from me and Zeno XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Pam! I pray that you had a blessed day with your sweet family gathered around. I know there must be some lovely scrap pages in the making to showcase this Christmas! :-) Sending you big hugs Pam...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam, I found you from Judy and I changed my link from my blog. I love the new design with your family. I also like your hair both curly and straight. I am like you having curly hair and I like to wear it straight once in awhile. It has been really cold here for So CA. It is ruining our fruits and that will raise the prices next year. Well Have a Happy New Year Pam. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam!
    I hope you had a very nice Christmas! We have a wii, it is quite fun, isn't it? I love to beat Dan at bowling. lol

    Wishing you a very happy and blessed New Year!

    lots of love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popping in again to see if you have updated. Hope your New Year is off to a great start.
    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Pam! It's so pretty in here!! Love the header especially :-)

    Your hair looks great straight! I would be lost without my flat iron now. I spent most of my life with my hair somewhere between curly and straight and my arms would about fall off trying the round brush to straighten it.

    It is more work straigtening it, but now you have options you never knew ;-)

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete