Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Contemplative

It is cold today and even snowed this morning, but we are slated to get warmer weather again on the weekend. I can’t help but think the animals and insects know more than we do…early sightings of robins and even a butterfly! so I am hoping that spring will come on time this year.

I needed to relax and just let my mind have a break yesterday, so I finally worked on a scrapbook page using a baby picture of me and my mom. Such a great kit this is.

Mom & Me
Shabby Babies kit from Shabby Miss Jenn Designs

I see that Barak Obama’s teleprompter has its own blog now. And this photo on the Drudge report certainly does not inspire confidence in me. I can’t believe that he is going to preempt American Idol again next week. I mean as if anyone is going to forget, tune in to Idol, and then continue to watch? It’s like fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I will never ever ever understand why some people think/thought he is such a good speaker. If I hear one more long drawn out aaaannnndddd from him I think I will scream. I miss George Bush so bad.

saluteteleprompter

Jack and I made one of our favorites for supper last night, Super Swiss Ham Buns. I’ll post the recipe next. Thumbs-up

Natasha Richardson

I’ve been so sad about Natasha Richardson. Sad I just loved her in Parent Trap and Maid in Manhattan. It always grieves me so to know how her family must be grieving now.

6 comments:

  1. Pam....I love it when you post, & do hope that you find time to blog regularly again. I am trying to do better at it, but readership seems to be down...I think everything has left blogging for FB. :-(

    I love the layout you did of you & your Mom. How I would love to see your scrap pages! I can only imagine how lovely they are.

    Have a wonderful weekend with your family Pam. Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there... Me again :-D

    Your scrapbook page with you & your Mom is beautiful!! You have a real knack for that ya know ;-)

    I too grieved deeply the passing of Natasha. I loved her in both those movies too. What was really freaky was that Doug & I had talked about going to Mont Tremblat that very week but then decided to go to NC to dog-sit my "canine nephew" instead. That would have been way weird being up there with all the media bruhaahaa.

    Hope you're having a great week Pam :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrapbook page looks lovely - I wish I could do such things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, I came by hoping you had posted and you had, twice! I love your post. The scrapbook page is beautiful. I think I want to do one of me and my mom. She has Alzheimers and it is getting worse. I am trying to visit her and dad once a week. So many things in life are going crazy, it is depressing. I am so glad we know what our eternal future will be. Thanks for sharing. Big hugs Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Pam! I pray that you had a lovely day with your family. Trusting all is well with you. I miss you, & look forward to another post from you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Pam, hope you had a happy Easter with your beloved ones. I think of you often and hope to see you back blogging one day. :) Take care and enjoy Spring! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete