Thursday, March 19, 2009

Super Swiss Ham Buns

12 buns (or less if large buns are used)

Mix well and spread on both sides of bun:
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 tablespoon finally chopped onion
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon mustard

Add a slice or two of ham to the bun and a slice of Swiss cheese.  Wrap sandwich in aluminum foil.  Bake at 300° for 20-30 minutes.

For the buns, I like petite Kaiser rolls, and we place sliced onions on top of the ham and cheese instead of adding minced to the butter.

Love these!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes...my family makes very similar sandwiches...they are a wonderful way to use up Easter ham and buns and they are also great to feed a crowd!!

    I owe you an email! Sorry that I haven't sent you one! I can really relate to a lot that you said.

    Your layout is AMAZING (of course)! I love it! Such a beautiful kit and what a wonderful photo...you look a lot like your mother, Pam!! Enjoy your weekend...the snowflakes were a bit disconcerting but, like you said, there are definite signs of spring!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete