Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where Oh Where Has That Little . . .

Pam gone, oh where, oh where, can she be?  Wink Hello there.  It’s been a long time.  I think I am dangerously close to not blogging anymore. Surprised Seasons of life and things like that, you know.  If any of you girls has been away from blogging for any length of time, you know how hard it is to pick up again and resume blogging.  You just get so out of practice, and it is certainly not effortless anymore.  Also, I just think it can’t be any fun to check a blog and never find a new post.

But, I don’t have any plans either way, and I did want to pop in and catch up with you a little.  This winter has been very hard in a lot of ways.  I get so frustrated with myself for allowing life to feel so oppressive sometimes.  I will be so glad when it is spring!

I spent a couple of weeks, almost from morning til night, editing Molly’s second book.  That completed, we want to read through it one more time before she submits it to a new publisher.  Then she’ll wait to find out if they will accept it.  She made a book trailer to promote the first book, The Pirate Daughter’s Promise.  Thought you might like to see it!

I think it is just so wonderful.  I have so loved going over this second book, Every Tear, which touched me deeply.  It is always so fun to follow characters into a second book.  Molly hadn’t planned to write more than three for this series, just a trilogy, but she did end up writing a fourth book and finished that just recently.  So I just pray that there will be interest in this second book so she can continue, and so others will get to read what I have and be able to follow these characters.

I think I am on the cusp of making a good decision.  I jumped quite enthusiastically into digital scrapbooking.  Haven’t loved doing something that much in years.  Yet, it wasn’t but a short time that I jumped from scrapbooking into learning the design of scrapbooking kits.  I guess that’s just me, the way I do things.  I renewed my domain, I spent time figuring out a Zen Cart, spent money on tools, and happily so for they are fun!  So fun.  The things you can do and make. It’s unbelievable, and addicting.  But you know, even though I LOVE color and love to work with color, I don’t have that natural thing that so many designers have, that ability to just naturally come up with a theme.  I don’t draw so there wouldn’t be original stuff in my kits…just me perhaps artfully arranging and putting together things others have provided for commercial use.  So.  I think I will just walk away.  Even though I was pretty excited about the kit, but I just think of all the time I could spend reading or writing, for instance, instead of working on kits.  It’s hard, but I think if I am conflicted over it, my heart is not all in.

I do want to begin reading again, regularly.  I used to be such a reader. I recently watched Bleak House so I thought I would love to try reading some Dickens.  And, having been working with Molly on her books and watching her enthusiasm, I miss writing.  I would love to begin working on my book again.

I’ve also been Facebooking.  For me, it is a way to keep in touch with my family which is very scattered geographically.  Last week, Jack took his last week of vacation from last year.  Instead of getting the things done we’d planned, LOL we played four-way games of Scrabble with my mom and dad.  Oh, such fun!  We had such fun chats going during the games.  You can’t beat that. 

So, there are some thoughts and a bit of what I’ve been doing lately. smile

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam;
    good to have you back again - missed you!
    your scrap kit is awesome - too bad all we get to do is look at it!
    take care of yourself looking forward to your next post.
    blessings, Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, it was nice to hear from you! Your aughter's book sound great. Is it in the Christian book stores? I would like to learn how to digital scrap but I do not have the software of the time to do it. Plus I have invested in so many scrap materials that I need to go that way and I do enjoy it. Again, the problemn is always a lack of time. I found out this week I have the beginning of cataracts. I was wondering why I was seeing blurry at times. I have ordered my new glasses and that should hold me through until the time I need surgery. This aging process is the pits. Thanks for visiting me. I love to hear from you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That trailer had me on the edge of my seat!! This should be made into a movie! LOL!!! Seriously, very professional trailer!

    It's good to see a post here again.. I do understand how time goes by and it gets difficult to post in a blog though. Sometimes the things on our minds just are not good blog material - for me anyway.
    Yours is always interesting; I feel like mine is always filled with fret, worry, anxiety, struggle. UGH.. here I am usurping yours now! Get outta here Lynn! : )

    See you again soon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cutie! I'm so glad I popped over (after drooling over your dinner on Facebook) to see if anything was new in your world. What a pleasant surprise to find a new post!

    Do keep blogging because I miss you when you don't!

    Molly's trailer for her book was fascinating! I hope and pray God opens doors for her!

    Off to catch up some more! TTFN ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete