Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just For the Record

You know, I go back and forth with myself over this, whether or not to blog about political things. I wonder if those who read my blog are turned off or even offended. It’s not that it would stop me from writing how I feel, I just wonder. Mostly I think I hesitate because of my sweet foreign friends. Because they do not live here and do not know how INCREDIBLY MANY of us are so opposed to this man who has somehow ended up president of our country, and because video and print media gives the impression that this man is a god and doing great and wonderful things, it might seem that all is well and why ever would I oppose that? Well. That’s the nature of this beast, the media. It is so because they say it is so, not because it is true. Our country, our beloved country, is being destroyed. It will never be the same after this man is done with it, and it pains me that so many seem unaware . . . or worse, on board.

But just for the record because I feel like I want to stand on the top of my house and literally scream out my feelings: I despise what this man is doing to our country. He has contempt for me, and I have contempt for him. Too strong? No. How do I know he has contempt for me? Because he has publicly ridiculed me and people who believe the same things I believe, and because I hear it in his voice, and I see it on his face. No good and honorable leader would do that.

8 comments:

  1. It so saddens me to see what is becoming of America. At one time I so desperately wanted to live there and be an American... and now I'm afraid to! I agree with you, Pam. Many are like sheep being led to slaughter and they don't even know it!

    Hugs to you & keep on sharing your opinion. If people don't speak out then the media wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too feel the same way as you. I won't watch him speak or listen to him. He just get's under my skin something fierce. He is an IDIOT!

    Great post! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too feel the same way you do! We can't give up - this is my country too and it pains me so much to see what this man is doing to my country.
    God help America!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! I'm a Christian and pro life. As our president stood before the nations and said America is no longer a Christian nation, my heart about failed me. Here is what I do know, God is still God and know matter who is in The White House God is still in control. I just stand on that to get me through.

    Pam, keep blogging about how you feel, it's your right.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, you have the right to speak you opinion and thoughts and you should if you feel led too. I am VERY concerned for our country, not sure what is going to happen when it is all said and done.
    As Melissa said, My God is in control and I hold onto that in these days.
    Love ya,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Pam, I hope the comments left here encourage you that many share your thoughts & feelings, & cheer you on for taking a stand & having the courage to write about it. I too feel so concerned, so saddened about the way our country is changing, & the unbelievable speed at which it's doing so. My British friend told me that she would have 'never' dreamed that our great nation would change so drastically & rapidly. That saddens me, that other countries see it & mourn too. God is in control Pam - everything happening is setting all up to play out exactly as the Bible says it will. We need to pray, pray, pray! Love you Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree too. I have came to a point i do not turn the tv on. (except hgtv and food network) ;-) It makes me depressed and very very angry, and in such a bad mood. I dont want to stick my head in the sand, but i just cant handle it. Philippians 4:8 It is good to know how many feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete