Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sharing An Interview With John MacArthur

I just wanted to share this with you today. Some time ago my dad gifted me with a John MacArthur study Bible. It has become such a treasure to me. I have learned so much from the notes in this Bible, things I never understood my whole life have become clear.

This morning Jack and the kids and I were going to start watching a two part message by John MacArthur entitled The Only Road to Heaven, but I had recently seen the YouTube video I am embedding below, an interview with John MacArthur by Kirk Cameron, and I thought it would be nice for them to see and “meet” John MacArthur first in this interview. We read his notes and mention him frequently, but it is interesting to see him interviewed and listen to his answers. I find them comforting and incredibly convicting. It cuts me deeply to know how cavalierly I live my life most times, and it worries me that the message of the gospel has been prettied up and watered down.  I think people, or I should say we, try to make God into who we need Him to be so that we can be who and what we want to be, so we can be comfortable doing what we want to do.

I hope this interview and the message it contains will be of value to you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam; thanks so much for sharing this - I forwarded it to other people.
    have a great day - blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't listened to it... YET (as I'd never hear it here sitting in the lobby of our hotel) but I will. I feel more and more convicted lately to live my life more holy and to not let the world's pull make me compromise God's Truth. It sure is getting harder to be a Christian these days with all the "intolerance" talk when we try & stand up for God's standards.

    Thanks for sharing this - I'm looking forward to listening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,

    It is good to read your post. I will come back to see the interview as it is late. I have not read the Shack. I read the back cover and it sounded a bit off for me. I am reading John by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. Yes it is sad about the Eight kids as their parents break up unless that is for the ratings and then they will bring them back. Who knows with tv. Well I need to get to bed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting interview, thanks for sharing the link, Pam! :) Hope you are fine, have a fab day! ((HUGS)) and smiles your way.

    ReplyDelete