Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Is Waning

Summer feels half over, or is it actually? and I have yet to just consciously let summer wash over me with all of its seemingly endless-feeling, warm-breezy, loveliness.  Normally, our life is very quiet and slow (although that never seems to translate into not busy), but this summer has been as busy as it feels. I’m already feeling like I should prepare for the coming school year (although this year I will have only 1 to teach! and how weird will that be?) I must concentrate on just “doing” summer one of these days.

We had a very lovely time away recently. My brother who lives in Alaska came down with his wonderful little family to visit. It happened that it was just me (sans sisters) and my three brothers and our families staying with Mom and Dad. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, and we also celebrated my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary!

Since returning I have been trying to get back into the groove, trying to get organized, trying to make myself do the things I need to do. I have spent a fair amount of time lately blessing my computer with gritted teeth, along with routers that seem not to work, and malfunctions which leave card readers not working. I'm beginning to edit Molly's next book in earnest which is good since she would like it to be done next month. Yikes! We’ve also been spending a lot of time as a family which is important to me as the kids get ever older, going for lots of four wheeler rides across the river which is shallow enough right now we can cross it with our little train of four-wheelers. We went bowling the other night. Exceptionally fun! They have a special every Wednesday night. Very soon we are going to double up and go with our friends (neighbors). I am really looking forward to that. We went to Lifest last Sunday, to see Jeremy Camp. Aside from five hours under a BRUTAL sun which claimed its share of sunburn, again! (I got burned so badly at Mom and Dad’s) we had a fabulous time, and I was so very impressed with Jeremy Camp. You know how we mothers are. I am just indebted to him for how he responded to my kids as they met him. So sincere, sweet, caring. Man. Made such a great memory. Good day.

jc

with Molly
jc2
and Jacob and Sam
jc3

Though I have not accomplished any pages, I have had scrapbooking on my brain a lot lately. In my searches for various scrapbooking related things, I ran across an absolutely fascinating blog this afternoon, The Pioneer Woman. She has made and graciously offered great Photoshop actions! I fiddled with two photos and can’t wait to sink my fingers into more. This first one is our house, last summer. This action makes it look so pretty!

07-09

This second picture is the back field after the hay was baled by the river in the woods. I took this last summer also. I just love this picture.

07-08

Well, whatever else I was going to say has just escaped me! LOL So I will close with that.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you were not previously familiar with The Pioneer Woman! She has the MOST fun website!!! Lots of different topics get covered there. She has a very fun, witty style of writing and her humor is really.. well, humorous! :D One day you will have to go back and read her novel about her whirlwind romance, engagement and marriage to Marlboro Man! It's the 'Black Heels to Tractor Wheels' link. Very FUN read! I've been reading her blog for almost 3 years now.
    Great pictures of the kids with Jeremy Camp! When my oldest two were young, I took them to see Steve Green in concert - nearly 20 years ago! But he was great as well - what a voice and what a heart! He's very humble and truly interested in his audience. He stood around afterwards and talked to every single person that wanted to meet and talk to him. Great guy!

    Gotta go - see you again soon!
    Love and hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, you got some great pictures of Jeremy with your kids. My son and his wife have seen him in concert. I like his music too. Your house and property are so nice! Do your parents live far from you? I like to scrap, but don't know how to digitally do it. Someday I will learn. Maybe when I get a new computer :) It will be over a 100 again this week. So how does your homeschooling day go? Have a happy Monday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete