Friday, November 20, 2009

Do you still use Google Notebook?

I wrote about it in this post almost a year ago. I have since had to reformat my computer so I realized today that, although I still have a Google Notebook account, I no longer had the extension that makes it work in Firefox. That would be simple enough to remedy, but, since they have stopped development for this fun and quite useful little web tool, you can no longer download the extension. (You can read more about the changes on the Google Notebook blog.) However, I never give up that easily. I found this blog which offers an updated extension that will work with Firefox 3.5. It is the clickable green Add to Firefox button in the right-hand sidebar. If you need instructions for installing, click the little Installation link under the button. I’m happy to have it working again! In your travels online all you have to do is highlight a recipe or other piece of information you’d like to save, and right-click, choosing Note This which then will add it to your Notebook. After that you can organize into topics and add labels, etc. Very quick and easy to save your online clippings. smile

5 comments:

  1. I use something on my laptop called Evernote which I think is similar. They are very handy aren't they?

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    Merry Christmas
    thanks for this info. I now have google Note Book again-thanks to you!
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep checking to see if you've changed to a Christmas theme - anxious to see it, if and when you do!
    blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Pam, hope you are fine, warm and cozy.
    Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo! Merry Chrismtas and Happy New Year :) A big hug and gingerbread kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam - I'm back to blogging after a long break. I have kept checking your blog, & so hope that you aren't gone from blogland! We need you girl. You always made me smile, & I always left here feeling as though I had visited a friend. So 'please' don't disappear. I have a new 'baby'...hope you go peek at her. Love you Pam!

    ReplyDelete