Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blogger's New Template Designer

Have you checked out Blogger’s new Template Designer? I felt like working with a new layout and started wading through all the great templates out there, but somehow, while in my current blog layout tab I happened to notice something new.

designer

I think you have to be in Blogger in Draft to see it, which you should use anyway because it lets you do more with your Blogger blog.

The Template Designer lets you play around with various changes to see how your current template would look with those changes. No permanent changes are made to your blog unless you click the Apply To Blog button up in the right hand corner.

This graphic shows what it looks like. As you can see, below the tabbed choices there is a preview of how your blog would look with the changes.

designer1

There is also a layout tab where you can choose how many columns you want and what type of layout. You can also add a footer layout and adjust the total width of your blog. It’s great! Fun to play around with even if you don't end up using it. smile

designer2

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam! I use blogger for my Simple Woman's Daybook, so I am going to check out the template thingie. I have to admit, I love using blogger - so simple.

    I am just so thrilled with Molly's success Pam! How very proud you must be. So young, & so talented!

    It's been a busy, busy week - so please don't think I've forgotten you. You made me so happy with your email. I love you too bits! Have a blessed Easter Pam. Hugs

    ReplyDelete