Friday, April 16, 2010

Joy and Sorrow Mixed

I wanted to post a little update about Molly, but it might be a bit before I post again. We experienced a particular joy this week, something that was a long time coming, but the sweetness of that was greatly overshadowed by a tragedy. Sam’s horse died yesterday. This was a big old strong softy of a horse that Sam loved to absolute distraction. He took care of him morning and night and spent lots of time with him, so it is very hard for us to witness Sam’s pain along with our own. Baylen died a really traumatic death and suffered a lot, so it still feels really raw yet.

Very shortly after this happened, Jack and I went with Molly to talk to the stomach doctor. He does think it is Molly’s gall bladder. She is having another test on Monday to make a better determination but probably will be having gall bladder surgery before long.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Pam! I just read your post, after seeing your tag at my blog. After your email to me, I knew what it was, & immediately prayed for poor Sam & for all of you. I feel so aad for him - it has brought me to tears. I know you as a Mom, & you will help him navigate this painful journey. I am just SO sad! Please tell him that I am praying Pam. Lose is HARD.

    I'm so glad that you may be getting answers to Molly's health issues. I was going to metion gall bladder, because Mike had to have his removed a few years ago, her symptoms reminded me of his. Praying for her too. Sending you big hugs Pam.....again, I am just so sorry! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam, I am so sorry about Baylen, and poor Sam suffering such loss. Praying for Sam, for your whole family. (((hugs)))

    That is good that Molly's health issues are getting closer to be resolved. I am praying for her.

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Baylen and I will pray for Sam. I know how it feels because I lost my Reina after Christmas and she suffered to and died in my arms. My hear still aches for her but the ache is not as strong. Glad that Molly will be getting help soon. God bless your family. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I will keep Sam as well as all your family in my prayers. So sorry you have lost Baylen. Will also continue to keep Molly in prayers. So sorry you all are going through all this right now. Sending you cyber hugs sweetie.

    Love ya,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam, just checking in on you. I have been praying for all of you. My heart hurts so bad for Sam. I also hope that you have an update on Molly. Sending you big hugs!!! Love you Pam

    ReplyDelete