Thursday, February 13, 2014

New Paint Colors

It is snowing today and right now quite a lot. We have so much snow this winter, and it has been so awfully cold. I think I remember one day it was balmy and like 21 degrees. But for that, it has been like a frozen tundra with way below zero temps night after night. Just no let up. I can’t ever remember it being like this before. Spring will feel so good. I long for us to be out on the four-wheeler again and go for rides by the river. It has seemed like forever, and I need it.

While it is still winter though, because Jack is such an outdoor person, I’ve been hoping to get at some indoor projects before he’s outside all the time again. The house just needs a pick-me-up and feels so drab. We finally finished the bathroom a while back, with ivory-painted wainscoting and trim and a blue wall paint that I still love like crazy these long months later. Enough that I’ve decided to paint my kitchen the same color. I was going for beach glass blue and it is that but brighter, more vivid, yet is almost completely like the old-fashioned blue you see on the walls of Lord and Lady Grantham’s bedroom walls on Downton Abbey. Smile

I loved the simple trim in the bathroom so much I wanted to do the same thing in the dining room, which you can see in this picture. Jack worked on this the week he was home and has since painted the walls. I was going for a color from a Mary Engelbreit calendar and it is a bit lighter than I was expecting, but we like it. We still need to make trim for the ceiling, which will finish it off better, and there are other elements Jack is still working on, under the cabinets between the dining room and the kitchen, that will result in a shelf for mugs and add some old-fashioned character to the room. Hopefully, I can share that soon. It just feels good to have a fresh change.

diningroom

Speaking of change, I have a desire to play with my blog, which I have not had or done in a very, very long time. Having peeked back at some posts from long ago, I realize now how valuable they are to me. I would at least like to update all the sidebar business, which I have not touched for so long. Will hope to make time for that soon.

3 comments:

  1. Pam, I love the paint color! I'd love to see pics of the other rooms, as they sound so love,y. How I 'love' the wainscoting! I've been begging Mike to do that in our home forever. Now you've convinced me to beg more. :)

    I have missed you terribly. I know - it's my turn to write back. I can't even begin to tell you how very much I enjoyed your long email. It was just like sitting across from you & having a long chat! I feel so ashamed that I haven't written back yet. But I will. Promise! So much has been going on here & it seems as though time just slips through my fingers these days. But no excuse to not be in touch with a very dear friend.

    I can't wait until you update your blogs. I've always loved visiting them & reading. I go back & forth on my blog. I want to do it, but it's finding the time & the content to blog about. My days consist of homeschooling & family, so I'm not too sure there's enough to blog about daily.

    I love you Pam. Stay in & stay warm as you update your home & bring a bit of spring into your world. It sounds so lovely. I'm praying for you & your sweet family. Sending big hugs your way! Be on the lookout for my email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! The paint color is lovely. I would like to see more photos of what you are doing in your home. :)
    Oh yes, I understand what you are saying about the weather. This is the coldest, snowiest winter I can remember!
    Have a happy day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam. I'm happy to see you blogging again. I want to do some painting, too, but I need to wait until I can open windows since I have birds. I'd love to see pictures of your bathroom. I pray that Molly is feeling well. Have a very blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete