Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fun Little Surprise

The last few days have gone by very quickly. We had been looking forward to Jacob coming home for spring break, which will stretch for about ten days. I expected him mid afternoon on Thursday and was sitting talking with Molly and Sam early in the morning when there was a pounding at the back door. It was Jacob, surprising us. Smile He’d left Duluth before the sun came up, just to get home early. We’ve been joined at the hip, all of us, ever since.

Where-the-Heart-Lives-Series

I had a Kindle book on hold at the library that came up for loan, so I’ll be starting that soon. It’s Beloved by Robin Lee Hatcher, third in the Where the Heart Lives series following the lives of three siblings who were separated as children via the orphan train. I’ve read the first two and I think they were very good, yet didn’t leave a huge impression on me as I had a bit of trouble even remembering what the first one was about. But still a good series with solid characters, enough for me to want to read the third.

Divergent-movie-poster-4Jack is on vacation this week while Jacob is home so we’ll likely finish painting in the kitchen. We also plan to go to Costco for the first time. I’ve heard they have a lot for gluten-free products, which would be helpful. On Friday, Molly, Jacob, and I plan to go to Divergent. Molly has read the book, but I have not, so we will have two different experiences viewing this movie.

4 comments:

  1. Pam, I've heard of these books. I read a lot of Amish fiction that come in series and I know what you mean about trying to keep the characters straight. Did you at one time share a gluten free bread recipe here? I seem to remember that you had experimented and found one that was good. My DIL has recently gone gluten free and I said I would try to find the recipe for her. I've been toying with doing the same thing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did post one! You can find it here: [http://thecountryhomemaker.blogspot.com/2013/08/thecountryhomemakers-gluten-free-bread.html] You'll see it's not the prettiest looking loaf and won't be like what your DIL is used to, but it doesn't dry out too fast, toasts fairly well, and works pretty good for sandwiches. Let me know if you do try going gluten free. These days, as many people as there are suffering in so many different ways, even with just brain fog and things like that, it would be wonderful to find out what a difference cutting gluten out of your diet could make. I should make a post with links I ran across when we first went gluten free. It is a huge transition, but if you find a difference in quality of life, it is worth it. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Pam! I've bookmarked the recipe. My DIL has been doing it for a couple months and she is a marked improvement with her fibromyalgia. That is what caught my attention because I have fibro too and sometimes it is just no fun! I would love to see your links to gluten free sites. I've googled and it's just so overwhelming! I'll let you know how things are going. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam, have fun with your son during his spring break. I hope you post some family pictures.I like to read series books and am reading the AD Chronicles. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete