Friday, July 18, 2014

Those Little Life Interruptions

handCrazy how life is. I had finally come to the point where I was trying to see my way to blogging. At least an I’m still living post. But then almost a week ago I cut my hand. I was carrying two tall glasses and must have tripped over the dishwasher door. UGH. Glass shattered on the tile floor, and I fell hard. Besides the shock and the dripping blood, the first thing I noticed was that my little finger was numb. Jack had to pick me up out of a sea of glass and off we went to the ER. The cut was pretty deep, and I was glad when the whole thing was wrapped up. One consolation, as a writer, now I can knowledgeably write about cuts and stitches.

So, it has been a week of managing everything with my left hand. The worst, trying to brush my teeth. Smile with tongue out  One thing you could never call me is ambidextrous. I expect a few more days to bring even more improvement and mobility with lessening soreness, but my little finger is a mess. I suspect it will take quite some time for those nerves to mend. I anticipate essential oils will help quite a lot with that though. As typing is still pretty tedious and causes discomfort, I won’t write any more now, but I will try to blog soon. I have quite a lot to say if I can ever figure out how I want to say it.

3 comments:

  1. Pam, so happy to see a new post from you! Of course, I wish the post was different, as I hurt to see you enduring more in your life. I'm so happy that it wasn't worse. Please know that I have been praying for you. I'm so sorry that I still haven't responded to your email, but I have prayed, & prayed HARD for you. I relate so much to things you are going through, & when I finally sit down & email, I'll explain more. My heart hurts for you - truly hurts.

    I have attempted to come back to blogging, & in ending my second week of blogging, it's feels good. I've tried to do a few things to make it easier (memes, ect). So I hope you drop by when you have a chance.

    Hope you feel better soon Pam. I'll continue to pray for you & for your family. I pray that you can feel the Lord's arms around you at this very moment. Love you Pam...sending big hugs.

    P.S. Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE Kari Jobe. I'm so thankful that her song touched you so deeply. God always holds out hope - just when we need it. His timing is never off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! So sorry for your accident. Your finger looks pretty impressive. I am worthless with my left hand too. I hope everything heals soon and you can get feeling back in your finger again. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam...just stopping by again to let you know that you have been on my mind. I hope you are feeling better. Hoping the hand is healing nicely too. I am a lefty, so maybe you will be one too with all the use your left hand will get now. :) We will be kindred lefties. :)

    I do miss you...think of you every single day. I think of Sam so often. And sweet Molly - how difficult her tummy issues must be. I am praying Pam. Love you

    ReplyDelete