Wednesday, December 3, 2014

1000 Gifts Devotional

One Thousand Gifts DevotionalI read Ann’s book, One Thousand Gifts, when it first came out and the main premise, being thankful for all things, even the hard gifts, really did change my life. I am very thankful to have learned the truth of this, which came at what I hoped was the end of some really hard years. It prepared me in a way for what was coming, an even harder year, held me tight in His care even when I couldn’t feel it, when all I could do is believe it, and kept me, by the grace of God, from simply turning away, giving up.

I really do not care for Ann’s style of writing. But, I respect her gift of writing, and I am certain for every person like me, there are two or three who love her style. For this reason though I was hesitant to get this devotional when I already have the One Thousand Gifts book. But I am so glad I did. I have been reading one every weekday for several weeks now, and it has been something I look forward to each day. Some touch me deeply, some not so much, but don’t hesitate if you think it might be redundant just because you’ve read 1000 Gifts.

Did you have a chance to read this post on her blog yesterday? I felt like this, not so long ago, so it really touched something inside of me. Not just what God can do, but that He does it, shows us how much He loves us in the midst of those moments of heartache, seasons of pain, leaving hope in its wake. Just a beautiful thing to read.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, so happy to see you blogging. I took a chance to check. Since I do not use Blogger, I don't know when you post. So when you can, please leave me a tag, I have her book but have not read all of it. I usually read at night on my Samsung. That is how I read you book and I sure hope you do another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, you are missed. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete